Quick start guide
In this step-by-step guide, we will demonstrate how to use Rokoko Vision and cover key workflows in an ideal setup.
Rokoko Vision is a browser-based application. At a minimum you will need a computer or laptop and an internet connection. The workflow you select will determine what other hardware is needed. If you select to use one or two cameras you may need to use an external camera (see more details here) though we support a bunch of technology that you likely already have at home or at work, including smartphones and low-priced webcams.
What are the ideal conditions for the recorded videos?
- 1.The person performing should be in frame with the full body the entire time.
- 2.Lighting should be good throughout.
- 3.Good contrast between cloth and background (no green suits on green screens).
- 4.Avoid reflective surfaces like mirrors in the room.
- 5.Mount the cameras properly to ensure they remain stable.
Login with your Rokoko account or create a free account.
Click Create in the header or dashboard view, and then decide if you would like to create an animation based on an existing video (workflow A) or an animation based on a new recording (workflow B).
Our Dual Camera feature in workflow B will produce the highest quality animation results.
Upload video file page
The easiest way to get started is to upload an existing video file. Just select a supported video file format on your harddrive and wait for it to upload.
With a single-camera workflow, any camera that can be read by the browser can be used to create an animation. Most laptops have a built-in webcam.
- 3.Good lighting in the room is crucial for capturing accurate mocap data. Ensure that the room has sufficient lighting, preferably with diffused or even lighting sources to minimize shadows and ensure proper visibility of the person being captured.
After you have recorded or uploaded a video, you can now preview the result.
You will be able to trim the recording to ensure that only the part of the video that you want converted to 3D animation is converted (trimming unnecessary video will also speed up processing time and simplify 3D workflows later on).
After you have reviewed and made any adjustments by trimming, you can start the process of converting your video recording(s) into a 3D animation.
Once Rokoko Vision has finished processing your video, you can look at the final result direclty on the website, and either choose to download it as an .fbx file or open it in Rokoko Studio to edit it.
You can open your 3D animation in Rokoko Studio, where you can further edit your recording, retarget (transfer) the movement to an imported custom character, access more export formats and options, or stream the animation directly to another 3D software application.
Last modified 25d ago